Competitive Team Program Philosophy:
“To provide a program where the children with gymnastics talent and the desire to compete can develop physically, socially, and psychologically, in a safe and positive environment.”
It is the goal of the competitive program at Salto to:
1) Provide a positive competitive opportunity to those who wish to attain the ultimate in gymnastics experience.
2) Teach children how to set individual and team goals.
3) Teach children how to set up a plan to achieve their goals.
4) Help children cope with the concepts of winning and losing; to teach them how to be gracious winners and learn from losses or failures.
5) Teach children how to handle pressure and perform to the best of their ability in pressure situations.
USA Gymnastics governs our programs and competition in the United States. USAG provides us with non-competitive programs, compulsory routines for Team levels 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5, the code of points for optional and Xcel gymnasts, and rules, policies, and guidelines for the advancement for all levels. Every competitive athlete is required to be a member of USA Gymnastics. Dues are collected annually.
Many factors are involved in the placement of athletes in each group for training. Some, but not all, of the considerations used by the coaches are as follows:
1) Skill level – skills the athlete can perform; ability to learn and retain new
4) Coachability and work ethic
Coaches may move athletes into another group during the season due to a change in any of the above factors, especially when the change affects their practice and the practice of others in the group.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the director of your child’s program. Please also remember that it is difficult for coaches to talk to you during practice. It is best to call or set up an appointment.
Like us on Facebook to stay in touch and learn about upcoming events.